Do you live in Chicago? Do you live in a bungalow?
If you answered yes to both these questions, then you are just the person I’m looking for!
I launched this blog with a vision… and not even a really noble vision like raising awareness of the historic value of preserving these homes that are unique to Chicago. Nope, I’m just a really curious person who wants to see inside ALL THE BUNGALOWS. (But also, let’s be real, this blog is for awareness too).
Enter: Chicago Bungalow Tours (I just thought of that name today, btw).
My goal was to feature one tour a month for the rest of the year, but I booked all of those slots in less than 30 hours
The goal of this project is actually two-fold:
1. I get to come to your home and photograph it! As much or as little as you’re willing to share! I also get to casually interview you so that you can share your favorite things about your home or why you live in a bungalow, or even the history of your home.
2. You! I get to document the residents of the Bungalow Belt! This is perhaps the part I’m most excited about because it blends all of my passions into one project: history, architecture, design, ethnographic research, regular research, research for fun, listening, photography, bungalows, people! Honestly, the list goes on…
My goal was to feature one tour a month for the rest of the year, but I booked all of those slots in less than 30 hours, which is absolutely crazy to me! Therefore, my new goal is to photograph as many tours as I can this year, in order to get a jump on next year!
I would love to meet your home where it’s at.
I eagerly share my bungalow with people everyday on Instagram and it’s amazing to see that other bungalow dwellers are just as excited to do the same. I like to think of this project as Apartment Therapy for bungalows, and my first tour is scheduled for next Sunday (Happy Birthday Weekend to me)!
Are you interested in participating in this project? Here’s what you need to know… and then do!
1. I’m looking for bungalow renters or owners inside the city limits of Chicago, in all different neighborhoods!
2. Does your bungalow have a unique or quirky feature? Is it all original? Does it have some funky updates? Big or small, renovated or dilapidated, I would love to meet your home where it’s at.
3. I’m offering three different levels of tours:
The Mini Tour: a glimpse at a couple of rooms or unique details.
The Project Tour: a look at your favorite before and after project(s).
The Full Tour: Your home in all its glory!
There is no pressure or cost to participate
What can you do to get on the schedule? Message me here! Or DM me here!
There is no pressure or cost to participate, I’m simply doing this as a passion project (however, if you know how to write a grant proposal, please hit me up!). That means I’m investing my own time and money to see this project come to life! I cannot even explain in words how much this project means to me and how much it means that other people are already excited to share their homes with me.
Guys, this is the start of something great. Thank you for your support.